Mark Making and Mono-Printing
This two-day course will cover:
· Introduction to colour with thickened Procion dyes, dye paints and textile friendly acrylic inks
· Using everyday objects to create marks that can be fragile, deliberate, bold, organic and so much more
· Scribbling, doodling and using text as marks
· Mono-printing from a range of surfaces including Glassine, Perspex and carrier bags
· Gorilla mono-printing – getting large and messy.
· The power of repeat to create pattern
· Using temporary masks to add another dimension to your marks and prints
With a maximum of 6 students you’ll get lots of one to one support, group demonstrations and detailed class notes. The class will run from 9.30am to 4.30pm each day with the studio opening at 9am. You will finish the weekend with a collection of printed cloth that is uniquely yours and an understanding of how use both Procion dyes and acrylic inks to mark make and mono-print at home.
The workshop cost is £150 payable on booking. This includes hot and cold drinks, biscuits, fruit and a simple lunch each day. All the materials (except fabric), media and equipment needed for the workshop will be provided.
Cancellation policy: This workshop will only run if 4 or more people enrol. If there is a shortfall you will receive a full refund. And you will, of course, receive a full refund if I cancel the workshop. However please be aware that a refund will not be given in any other circumstances unless your place can be filled.