Looking for the positive
It has been several weeks since I last blogged and I have a confession! I have been lamenting all the things that 'LIFE' has stopped me doing recently instead of focusing on what I have actually achieved during what has been a very difficult couple of months. That needs to change. So here is a list of what I have been doing (in no particular order):
- I have developed a new colour family based on the colours of the rocks and pebbles on the beach at Dunure.
- I have completed Ruins 4 and entered it into Contemporary Quilt Group exhibition being curated by Kate Findlay.
- I have built and installed a third design wall in my studio.
- I have built shelves to store my threads.
- I visited Festival of Quilts and saw my first Ruins quilt beautifully hung next to the wonderful quilt by Susie Koren that won Fine Art Quilt Masters.
- I've printed some extra fabrics for the ongoing Ruins series and started to put together Ruins 5 on the design wall.
- And I've given myself a mental 'kick up the backside'!